The SS Sicamous is the largest surviving stern wheeler in Canada. It is open as a museum, wedding venue and must-see tourist attraction. Wedding Receptions are held on the second level, in the dining saloon. We can accommodate up to 100 guests for a formal dinner. You can select the Caterer of your choice.
Wedding Receptions & Seating
The dining saloon is the heart of any event on board the ship. The room is long, with coloured glass windows and hardwood floors. This room can accommodate up to 100 guests for a formal seated dinner or 150 guests for a cocktail style reception (where guests mingle and eat appetizers, but do not have a formal seated meal). Tables and white wedding chairs are included, and will be set up for you by the SS Sicamous crew.
Explore the Dining Saloon
- Seats: Up to 100 guests for a formal dinner.
- The dance floor is located in the same room as the reception (it is placed at the end opposite to the Head Table)
- The buffet is usually placed in the “Ladies Saloon”, right next door.
- Cakes and desserts can be displayed in the main dining saloon, on the vintage cabinets, or on a dessert table in the ladies saloon.
- There is a small kitchen beside the dining saloon. Did you know? The original ships galley is actually directly below, on the cargo deck. Food would have been sent up to passengers by dumbwaiter!
- Guest book and gifts are often displayed on an antique glass case at the top of the stairs.
- Tables, chairs and sound equipment will be put out by the SS Sicamous crew
- Decorating and laying the tables is the responsibility of the wedding party.
- We have linens, vintage plates, wine glasses and cutlery available for rental (some caterers can also provide these).
- Recommended Caterers: For a list a caterers that we love and recommend working with, check out the vendor lists
See the Dining Saloon in Action
Table and Seating Diagrams for a Wedding Reception
Examples of Different Table and Seating Arrangements
Extra Details for Planning:
How many tables and chairs are there? There are 24 rectangular tables. We also have 100 white wedding chairs, and up to 10 chiavari chairs for the head table.
How big are the tables? Tables are 6 feet long by 2.5 feet wide. They comfortably seat 3 people per side. We also have six folding cocktail tables that are available.
What do the chairs look like? The chairs are white resin, with white cushions (shown in the large photo above) These are are included with all wedding bookings at the Sicamous. If you see different chairs in the photos they have been rented for the occasion, or were used by guests before the new resin chairs arrived.
To see more pictures of Wedding Receptions that have been held at the SS Sicamous, please click here
Interested in holding a wedding on board the SS Sicamous? Contact us today, and we will send an information packet, with all of the details.