The Pumpkin Hour
(Tearing down and cleaning up after your Wedding- from 12midnight to 1am)
Its the end of a wonderful evening. The clock has struck 12, and the magic has started to fade.
Here is a list of things that your wedding helpers will need to look after, before heading to bed:
- Tables stripped and wiped.
- Chairs folded and put to the sides.
- Personal Items by the back doors, ready for collection in the morning.
- Flowers and moveable décor boxed and collected by the back doors.
- Wine glasses on the counters in the kitchen
- Cake plates and cutlery collected and stacked together in the kitchen
- Left overs placed in the fridge, or taken that evening.
- Garbage collected, bagged and moved outside to the white stairs.
- Empty cans and bottles put into clear plastic bags.
The Early Bird Option
With the Early Bird Option, you will have extra time the next morning (from 9am to 11am) to come and finish the clean up 🙂
These are the items to look after in the morning:
- Left over alcohol moved from the bar to the back doors.
- Collect any forgotten items
- Using the ladders; climb up and remove any string lights, paper lanterns, garlands or flowers that are strung from the ceiling.
- Mop up any large spills or messes.
Frequently Asked Questions
(on the subject of clean-up)
Do my guests need to pack away the tables and chairs?
Nope. The tables and chairs can stay in the dining saloon. Tables will need to be stripped of linens though, and chairs folded against the walls.
What about the Sound Equipment?
Simply leave the speaker system and microphones where they are, a member of the crew will look after this for you
Who is in charge of cleaning and housekeeping during the event?
This is the responsibility of the wedding party. We recommend having a friend or family member collecting empties as the evening progresses. Bar staff can also help with this. There will be a member of the Sicamous crew on board from start to finish, and they will provide supplies and items as needed.
Do we need to clean the washrooms?
Nope, this will be looked after by the crew.
If we rent items from the Sicamous do we need to clean them?
Simply stack the cake plates and wine glasses neatly in the kitchen, no cleaning required.
Can we leave items such as decorations for pick-up the next day?
Everything you bring into the ship for your event should be removed by the time the rental period is over. With the Early Bird Option, you are welcome to store items by the back doors overnight, ready for early morning pick-up (from 9am to 11am).
Will garbage cans and bags be provided, or do we need to bring our own?
The SS Sicamous Society will provide all of the garbage cans and bags that are needed 🙂
What should we do with garbage at the end of the night?
Please place garbage bags it in the designated area ( outside on the deck, at the top of the white stairs). There is no need to take it home with you 🙂
What about the recycling?
We happily accept donations of recycling (beer cans, pop cans, and wine bottles too). Recycling can be placed alongside the garbage bags. Funds from recycling returns go straight back to the restoration.
Its midnight but I want to keep partying?
The party doesn’t have to stop, but unfortunately it can’t stay on board. Penticton is home to two night clubs, that might tickle your fancy. For the after party, your guests might like The Barking Parrot or the Blue Mule Night Club. They are a short walk from the ship (and an even shorter ride by taxi or wedding shuttle).