The Story of the SS Sicamous
Built in 1914, the Sicamous was owned by Canadian Pacific and was known as the queen of Okanagan Lake. The Sicamous travelled from Penticton to Okanagan Landing (Vernon) with 14 scheduled stops throughout. Her luxury and beauty attracted crowds at each dock, while travellers experienced elegance in dining and service renowned by Canadian Pacific. In 1936 her service ended, and the SS Sicamous was tied up at the Okanagan Landing ship yards, where the ship remained for the next decade. In 1951 the ship was purchased by the city of Penticton, and towed back to Penticton, where it remains to this day. In 1988 the Restoration Society was founded, and the restoration began.
To learn more visit the official Wikipedia Article